Revised November 17, 2017
There shall be two types of membership, Active and Lifetime:
(A) Active membership shall be open to all persons eighteen years of age and older, who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club and who subscribe to the purposes of the Club.
(B) Lifetime membership may be awarded by the Board to members of the Club who have rendered service to the Club for a minimum of ten years, who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club, and who subscribe to the purposes of the Club.
1. The Annual Awards Dinner is to be held at a convenient time and location, preferably during the months of December, January, or February. This function takes the place of the regular December membership meeting. The Annual Summer Outing is to be held at a convenient time and location, preferably in August, and will take the place of the regular August membership meeting. All members are eligible to attend the Annual Summer Outing. If necessary, a meeting may be called.
2. The requirements for a member to be considered active and eligible to attend the Annual Awards Dinner paid for by the SCKC and/or attend free training classes are as follows:
a. Attend a minimum of four (4) scheduled meetings per year.
b. Donate a minimum of eight (8) hours at the annual SCKC dog shows, or training sessions offered by the Club, or
c. Perform other verifiable work for the benefit of the SCKC approved by the Board.
d. Single memberships are allowed one guest at the Annual Awards Dinner.
e. Family memberships are allowed one guest per family membership at the Annual Awards Dinner. All family members of a family membership are allowed to attend the Annual Awards Dinner so long as one member has met the attendance and volunteer requirements.
f. Under meritorious circumstances, the attendance requirement could be waived at the Board’s discretion.
g. Lifetime members are exempt from the requirements above.
3. Prospective members must attend two (2) scheduled meetings for membership approval in addition to points 2a, 2b and/or 2c above to be considered active members.
4. The Show Chair, Judges Hospitality Chair, Judges Selection Chair, and the person/persons transporting judges will not personally handle dogs in conformation at the SCKC Shows. Other Officers, Members of the Board of Directors, and Committee members of the Southern Colorado Kennel Club Inc. may exhibit.
5. An eligible member may attend Drop In classes appropriate to their level of experience and may register for class at no cost. If a member registers for a free class and does not complete that class, they are not eligible for an additional free class in that calendar year unless their circumstances for not completing the class were unforeseen, they provide information to the instructor or training director, and the Board agrees to waive the restriction. Decisions regarding the training sessions shall be left to the discretion of the training director, subject to Board approval.
6. The Treasurer will submit a complete written report monthly, to be filed with the Recording Secretary.
7. SCKC property may be rented or borrowed with Board approval.